About the WVBA
The Wimbledon Village Business Association (WVBA) is funded by the local business of Wimbledon Village. Our aims are to:
a) Promote Wimbledon Village as a commercial centre.
b) Promote Wimbledon Village as a ‘visitor’ destination.
c) Promote the business interests of members.
d) Organise activities for the benefit of members, their customers and other visitors to the Village.
e) Enhance the environment and amenity of Wimbledon Village.
We achieve this through events, partnerships, promotions and lobbying Merton Council on local issues.
Future Strategy of the WVBA
Read about the WVBA plans for the next few years in Wimbledon Village here.
Membership of Wimbledon Village Business Association
Any business operating in Wimbledon Village can become a member of the Wimbledon Village Business Association. As a member, you can have a say in organised events, other members and attend meetings
The subscription to the WVBA is £120 per annum.
Members benefit from a range of marketing activities and support:
- Promoting the Village:
- Media: Adrian Mills, WVBA’s Chairman, is regularly on Radio Jackie, Talk Radio and quoted in local publications.
- PR: During 2017 and 2018 Wimbledon Championships, the WVBA organised for flyers and a sandwich board to be present, directing people the Village from the Tennis.
- Materials: the WVBA produces flyers and tourist maps and distributes them through local magazines as well as hanging Village Banners on the lampposts and in the Village to promote local events.
- Wimbledon-Village.com: All businesses in the Village can have a basic entry on the WVBA website for free, but members can have more photographs, a video and additional information about their business. Member organisations can also have events and promotions posted on the News and Events page of the website.
- Digital Advertising – new for 2019, the WVBA will be supporting members with digital advertising.
- Facebook, Twitter & Instagram: Wimbledon Village has over 16,000 followers across its social media platforms which is a great way to support your brand.
- Networking Events: We have up to 4 networking events per year and opportunities to promote your business within the Village. Members get 2 free tickets (worth £30 each) for both the Summer and Christmas parties.
- Research: We have conducted several pieces of research on local consumer and businesses demands and behaviour.
- Charity Donations. Through our events, we raise monies for local charities
- Steering Committee: The Steering Committee lobbies on behalf of the Village on local issues, such as reducing speed limit parking and parking charges, the environment and local rates. One important project was the installation of CCTV in conjunction with the Council and police and gained permission to have Christmas lights and a Christmas tree back in the Village.
- Parking: We continue to monitor the effects of new parking restrictions and are in constant contact with local Council and Councillors. As a result, parking has been restored to Church Road where restrictions had been imposed and the 20 minutes free parking has been reinstated. We are currently campaigning to increase parking places.
- Hanging Baskets and Planters: The Association provides annual planting of hanging baskets and tubs in and around the High Street enhancing the Village environment for you and your customers.
- Ethical Shopping Bags: We designed and produced environmentally friendly, ethical shopping bags for local residents and customers to use – reminding them to use the Village.
- In conjunction with the Council and police we succeeded in getting 20mph implemented and had CCTV installed in the High Street.
- We are continuing to monitor the effects of new parking restrictions and are in contact with local council and Councillors. Parking had been restored to Church Road where restrictions had been imposed and that the 20 minutes free parking had been restored.
- We provide Wimbledon Tennis flags and increase our promotion of the Village during Wimbledon Fortnight in the Village.
- We provide annual planting of hanging baskets and tubs in the Village
- We have designed and produced environmentally friendly shopping bags for local residents and customers to use – reminding them to use the Village, and do it in an ethical way!
- We organise the Christmas Shopping Day bringing hundreds of visitors into the shops.
- We pay for and install Christmas lighting, enhancing the customer experience at a very important time for retailers.
- We support the Wimbledon Guild and have raised substantial funds for this local charity over the years.