About the WVBA
The Wimbledon Village Business Association (WVBA) is funded by the local business of Wimbledon Village. Our aims are to:
a) Promote Wimbledon Village as a commercial centre.
b) Promote Wimbledon Village as a ‘visitor’ destination.
c) Promote the business interests of ‘FULL’ members.
d) Organise activities for the benefit of ‘FULL’ members, their customers and other visitors to the Village.
e) Enhance the environment and amenity of Wimbledon Village.
We achieve this through events, partnerships, promotions and lobbying Merton Council on local issues.
Membership of Wimbledon Village Business Association
Any business operating in Wimbledon Village can become a member of the Wimbledon Village Business Association. As a member, you can have a say in organised events, other members and attend meetings
The subscription to the WVBA is £120 per annum.
Membership benefits include:
- Free listings on Wimbledon Village website including links to your website, your events, offers and jobs advertised.
- Social Media support on your business initiatives
- Free attendance at networking & business improvement events opportunities to promote your business within the Village.
- Have your say. The WVBA lobbies Merton council on behalf of its members
- Flags poles during the Wimbledon Tennis
- Hanging Baskets
- In conjunction with the Council and police we succeeded in getting CCTV installed in the High Street.
- We are continuing to monitor the effects of new parking restrictions and are in contact with local council and Councillors. Parking had been restored to Church Road where restrictions had been imposed and that the 20 minutes free parking had been restored.
- We provide Wimbledon Tennis flags during Wimbledon Fortnight in the Village
- We provide annual planting of hanging baskets and tubs in the Village
- We have designed and produced environmentally friendly shopping bags for local residents and customers to use – reminding them to use the Village, and do it in an ethical way!
- We organise the Christmas Shopping Day bringing hundreds of visitors into the shops.
- We pay for and install Christmas lighting, enhancing the customer experience at a very important time for retailers.
- We support the Wimbledon Guild and have raised substantial funds for this local charity over the years.