Founded in 1903, The Wimbledon Society is committed to all those local amenities which contribute to our quality of life. The Society is supported by the Village Hall Trust and the Wimbledon Village Club. It is a registered charity with over 800 members.
In particular The Wimbledon Society works towards:
- preserving, protecting and improving features of historic and public interest in our locality
- protecting our environment
- promoting high standards of planning and architecture in the area
- stimulating public interest in our local history and architecture.
The Society is run entirely by volunteers and its key tasks are:
- maintaining a fine Museum
- monitoring all significant planning and environmental issues and provide input to strategic planning in Wimbledon
- arranging a full programme of exhibitions, lectures, walks, excursions and special events
- publishing a quarterly newsletter with a range of topics of local interest to our membership
- managing a website which is regularly updated with news of the Society’s activities.
For more information, and to join and/or volunteer for the Society please visit their website.
- CategoryActivities & Culture, Guided Walks, Museums, Societies and Membership Organisations
- TagsClubs, Events and Activities, Guided Walks, Local History, Planning and Environment
- By Victoria Norman
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org