The Wimbledon Village Club at the junction of Lingfield Road and the Ridgway was established in 1858 and now has a membership in excess of 800. It is the oldest social club in England occupying the original building since the club was founded.
The Wimbledon Village Club is one part of the Wimbledon Village Hall Trust which includes the Wimbledon Society and Museum, the Lecture Hall and the Lingfield Room. The Club is a place for the whole community and has no political or religious affiliations, although the Club does have strong links with other community groups, for example, The Royal British Legion, The Wimbledon Light Opera Society and The Wimbledon Society and Museum.
The founders had in mind a place where ‘locals’ could meet, chat and enjoy companionship and the Club provides just that: a relaxing atmosphere in which members can enjoy an extensive range of social events, competitions and a well-stocked bar.