The Art on the Commons competition held as part of the Common’s 150th Anniversary celebrations was such a huge success that the Conservators have decided to run another one for 2022/23.
This competition will run slightly differently this time in that rather than monthly, there will be four quarterly rounds, capturing the seasons:
- Winter: December, January, February – closed midnight 28 February 2023
- Spring: March, April, May – Closing midnight 31 May 2023
- Summer: June, July, August – Closing midnight 31 August 2023
- Autumn: September, October, November – Closing TBA (we may close this round early so we can produce another calendar!)
The entry rules in a nutshell are…
- You can use any media you wish – photos, paintings, sketches, etc.;
- You may submit up to six entries across the three months of each round;
- Entries can be submitted all together or separately;
- Entries must be of Wimbledon Common, Putney Heath or Putney Lower Common or represent them in some way;
- Entries must be taken or created by you within the time period of each round and must be taken for the competition.
A prize will be awarded to the winner of each season. To find out more and to view the Winter entries please click here.